Jenn at Run It My Way wrote a great post on taking inventory periodically of what you are thankful for, what makes you happy. It is something we should do privately, everyday.
But life gets in the way, and we don’t always take the time to step outside of ourselves and see the bigger picture and appreciate what makes our lives great! Thus is born the Happiness Inventory where you weekly take stock of what makes you happy and share it with others.
This is my happiness inventory for the week, the things I am grateful for:
1. My wonderful husband. This year he has faced some serious health issues but has maintained his overall joy and optimism. He supports me completely and loves me unconditionally.
2. My ability to run and be active. Since the boy got sick, we both have a newfound appreciation for being healthy enough to run and exercise and be active.
3. The auto body shop that did a rockin’ job fixing my car! Someone hit it when it was parked but now it’s pretty again! (Hey, not everything can be full of meaning and profound. I’m thankful for some superficial things too ;-))
4. The rain. I love the rain & how it turns San Diego green.
5. My iPhone. It kept me from getting lost in the ghetto yesterday. Yes, Apple products can now even save your life!
What are you thankful for this week?