I hope everyone is having a safe and happy break from school and work, full of good food & good times!
Around this time of year people often start making New Year’s Resolutions. It’s a noble effort, as having goals gives you something to work for. But I feel that many NYR are too specific and end up making people feel like failures.
Examples are: I will lose 40 pounds this year. What if that doesn’t happen? What if you lose 20? Are you a failure?
So I tend to give myself broader goals that are more about the journey than the destination. My goals for 2013 are:
1. Become a better wife. I believe very strongly in the Bible’s principles about how to make your family life successful, so I plan to spend more time studying it, and applying what I read. I want to make our marriage stronger.
2. Cook more outside the box. I love cooking. That’s why I began this blog! But I tend to make the same things over and over. So my goal is to cook different things, more often. I hope that my Try Something New Tuesdays will help with that!
3. Clean up my eating. We eat pretty clean on a regular basis, but I think there is always room for improvement.
4. Exercise more/differently. 2012 was the year of running. I ran two half marathons and I’m in love! But I think that to stay balanced I need to incorporate some other types of exercise and strength training. I shall start by going snowboarding tomorrow 🙂
5. I want to take more time to enjoy life, like those seagulls in the picture up there. Even they know when to sit down, take a breath, and enjoy the sunset. I want to do that more in 2013.
What are your goals in 2013??